A deepfake prank hits users of troubled cryptocurrency company FTX, putting them at risk when charging their electric vehicles. Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision is good news for video game enthusiasts.
All of this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined by AMTSO’s John Hawes this week.
- Larry David promotes FTX in Super Bowl ad – Youtube.
- Cryptocurrency giant FTX goes bankrupt – BBC news.
- FTX’s new CEO: ‘I’ve never seen a more complete failure in my career’ – CBS News.
- Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen, Larry David, Stephen Curry Implicated In FTX Crypto Fallout In Class Action – deadline.
- Bankman-Fried’s FTX, Senior Staff, Parents Purchase $300 Million Bahamian Property – Reuters.
- Tweet showing Sam Bankman-Fried deepfake scam – twitter.
- FTX Founder Deepfake Offers Refunds to Verified Twitter Account Fraud Victims – Vice.
- The CEO of Crypto.com has admitted that the company accidentally sent 320,000 ETH ($416 million) to another cryptocurrency exchange a few weeks ago. – Web3 is on track.
- Sandia studies vulnerabilities in electric vehicle charging infrastructure – Sandia Labs.
- Review of Electric Vehicle Charger Cybersecurity Vulnerabilities, Potential Impacts, and Defenses – MDPI.
- Shocker: EV charging infrastructure is seriously unsafe – Registry.
- Microsoft acquires Activision Blizzard to bring gaming fun and community to everyone on any device – Microsoft.
- Gaming for Everyone, Anywhere: Our Views on the Acquisition of Activision Blizzard – Microsoft.
- Video Game Market Leader – Statistics & Facts – Statista.
- Microsoft says in its deal investigation with Activision Blizzard that the UK was affected by Sony. – Reuters.
- Can Big Tech Go Big? Microsoft Pressures Governments to Say Yes -New York Times.
- Microsoft reveals Sony’s Activision deal blocks ‘Call Of Duty’ from Game Pass – Forbes.
- EU launches advanced Microsoft-Activision probe – Politico.
- Microsoft / Activision Blizzard Merger Inquiry – UK Government
- Microsoft Acquiring Activision Blizzard May Be Good For Gamers, But Bad For Developers – time.
- A day in 1930s London in color – Youtube.
- ancient apocalypse – Netflix.
- Ancient Apocalypse is the most dangerous show on Netflix – Guardian.
- How to paint a big picture with Da Vinci Eye -Youtube.
- Da Vinci Eye: AR Art Projector – Apple App Store.
- Smashing Security Goods (T-shirts, mugs, stickers, etc.)
- Pentera – Pentera’s Automated Security Validation Platform is designed to help teams strengthen their security posture against modern threats across the entire attack surface. Assess your security readiness with continuous, consistent and autonomous testing with granular visibility into all ongoing executions.
- Corride – A SaaS app that sends employees important, timely and relevant security recommendations for their Mac, Windows, and Linux devices within Slack.
- Bit Warden – Reliable password security. Bitwarden is the open source password manager trusted by millions of individuals, teams, and organizations around the world to store and share their passwords securely.
Support the show:
Become patron supporter Enjoy ad-free episodes and early release feeds!
Theme Song: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Various sound effects: AudioBlocks.