This article, the very fact that women should write 5 reasons to take a self-defense course, says a lot about the collective female psyche of today. As a group, we continue to deny the need for self-defense, relying instead on claims that the law, spouses, brothers, fathers, etc., are supposed to protect us. The statistical reality is that we expect the majority of people who commit crimes to protect us. You don’t have to be the primary architect to make it happen.
So let’s summarize five basic reasons why every woman should take some kind of female self-defense course to ensure their own safety.
1) Crime can happen to anyone at any time. Whether you want to live in a fantasy world or not, it’s a harsh reality. At some point in your life as a woman, you may find yourself on the radar of predators (mostly men) as prey. you will be attacked You are left alone and defenseless. And perhaps it will come from the one you least expected.Next question, what would you do?
2) Be a role model for the next generation. We tell our daughters that they can be anything they want. What about safety? Show them how to protect themselves from rape, incest, assault, domestic violence, sexual harassment, etc., if they don’t set the example of being strong by being able to protect themselves and standing up for themselves. Can you? Verbally, physically, mentally? If we continue to act silently about what happens to us (sexual harassment, rape, assault, emotional abuse, domestic violence), how can we help our daughters become stronger and what is acceptable behavior for our sons? and unacceptable behavior. male?
3) empower. I have seen countless women come into my classes as sheep and walk out as determined, strong, empowered women ready to take control of their lives. A self-defense course cannot empower you. But it can educate you by showing you the choices you have to take control of your life and feel more secure in your world.
4) This is true life insurance. We spend money to secure our cars, lives, jewelry, disability insurance, travel insurance, rental property, etc., but we hesitate to spend money on self-defense classes that can really save our lives. Women’s self-defense classes have an incredible positive impact on participants and make a huge difference in their lives for the better. Self-defense classes provide real insurance to protect your life. To do.
5) For people you can rely on. If not for yourself and the top four reasons, what about those who depend on you most (children, spouse, parents, siblings, etc.)? Who will take care of the people you took care of?
Take some time to take care of yourself and empower your life by taking a women’s self-defense class. And we guarantee that you will find a whole new strength and perspective that will improve your life.
Angie M. Tarighi has been teaching women’s self-defense for over 25 years. She holds her two black belts in Kempo and Combat Aikido. She is a certified Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) instructor. She is a certified International Police Defense Tactics Instructor. She is a Certified Workplace Violence Prevention Specialist. Certified she is a Kid-Safe Network Agent. A certified Women-Safe Network Agent. I am a professional speaker. and reiki master.