TecaSafe® Plus – the latest fabric innovation in wildfire protection
Firefighters are constantly exposed to a wide variety of extreme hazards on a daily basis, including extreme heat and flames, molten materials, hot surfaces, harsh physical environments, and potential exposure to chemicals and blood-borne pathogens. We know that That’s why we (Elliots) are always looking for the best possible materials to protect important members of our community.
That’s why we now stock TenCate TecaSafe® Plus, the latest fabric innovation in Australian bushfire apparel. It combines all-important fire protection with a level of wearer comfort never experienced before. The fabric is specially designed to be breathable, durable, heat resistant and weigh as much as a single shirt or jacket.
TecaSafe® Plus has been tested against other similar materials and outperformed the competition in many areas, so it is incorporated into many of Elliott’s fire protection products.
Additionally, this lightweight fabric has been rigorously tested by SAI Global to comply with AS/NZS 4824 certification standards. It therefore provides peace of mind for both the wearer, employer and family.
Looking for quality firefighting safety gear? See our wide range of firefighting clothing and gear
Features of TecaSafe® fabric
Each garment made from TenCate TecaSafe® fabric offers the following benefits:
- Inherently flame retardant – Built-in FR properties, won’t wash or wear out. Exceeds NFPA 70E HRC 2 and NFPA 2112 performance standards.
- comfortable to wear – Soft, flexible and breathable. It is specially designed to provide superior moisture management properties that keep the wearer cool by wicking moisture away from the skin naturally. 40% lighter than 340gsm FR treated cotton options.
- excellent durability – Excellent abrasion resistance and excellent strength retention after multiple commercial washes.
- excellent wash appearance – The fabric stays looking like new and retains its permanently pressed look better than other protective fabrics.
- excellent value – Long life cycle and competitive price means lowest cost.
- high visibility – Compliant with AS/NZS1906.4, ANSI 107, CSA Z96 for low visibility environments.
- Earth-friendly – Made from Lenzing Tencel®, an award-winning eco-friendly cellulose fiber.
Contact us for more information about TenCate TecaSafe® plus fabric. I will be happy to help you.
If you would like to learn more about our safety products or need expert advice on safety gear that suits your needs, feel free to contact Elliott Australia. We are happy to help!call me 07 3265 2944 Or send us a message – Here.
Connect with us: