Elliotts, Australia-based manufacturer of quality safety equipment and PPE, is pleased to announce a new range of arc flash PPE. ArcSafe® X50, In the already hugely successful ArcSafe® range.
Anthony Elliott, Managing Director of Elliotts, said: It took him two years researching and testing different fabrics and fabric combinations before he finally landed on the ArcSafe X50. ”
brand new ArcSafe® X50 Series includes a new state-of-the-art lift front hood and a traditional arc flash hood, both with a new gray-tinted high-clarity face shield that enables full-color recognition. The range doesn’t stop at hoods, the X50 range also includes jacket and trouser or coat and legging combinations, available with or without reflective trim.
ArcSafe X50 – the next generation of Arc Flash PPE
of ArcSafe® X50 Series A next generation arc flash PPE designed with a focus on end user comfort as well as protection.
At Elliotts, we are always looking for… We travel the world in search of the latest technology so that we can provide our customers with the best possible PPE. Focused on maximizing protection, but without compromising the wearer’s comfort, safety his gear that offers stylish and value for money.
Ark Flash’s clothing design hasn’t changed in years. Most manufacturers produce the same simple style of garment. Our design & development team combines experience in designing other PPE, such as structural and wilderness protection, to create these designs. Built in features to address wearer feedback. The ArcSafe® X50’s new ergonomic design focuses on maximizing comfort and increasing freedom of movement for the wearer. This is an exciting development and offers what the industry has been asking for for some time,” he said.
New lift front hood
of ArcSafe® X50 range including new ArcSafe Lift front face shield It has an integrated helmet that allows easy and quick access to fresh air and the release of accumulated heat and carbon dioxide.
- It incorporates the latest gray high-transparency face shield that enables full-color recognition.
- A large toric window ensures that: Excellent peripheral vision, internal glare reduction, can be worn with prescription glasses/eyewear without distortion, reducing eye stress and strain.
- A clear chin protector allows the user a wide field of vision, excellent downward visibility and visibility underfoot.
- The nanoparticle formulation does not adversely affect the performance of the shield even if it is scratched.
- Abrasion resistant coating on the front and permanent anti-fog coating on the inside.
- The hood has front and side vents for indirect ventilation when the face shield is closed.
- It improves the wearer’s comfort and allows the release of stored heat and carbon dioxide.
- Hearing ports allow voice communication through the side and front ports when the face shield is closed.
- Optional extras are: An articulating light mount system on either side of the shield and/or additional vents or rear vents can be added for additional ventilation and release of accumulated heat and carbon dioxide.
New ArcSafe® X50 Garment
ArcSafe® X50 Arc Jacket, coat, leggings and trousers Made with high visibility orange etek™ NXT™ and T-Gard® III Plus thermal liner and ATPV 52 PPE4 (HRC4). This new lightweight system is ideal for hot environments, wicking moisture away from the body and improving wearer comfort.Ergonomic design includes
- bib and brace trousers: Articulated knees for greater range of motion and improved comfort levels. Bib and brace design with 50mm wide brace and side tab closure for a snug fit.
- jackets & coats: The ergonomic design includes an action back, underarm gussets and articulated sleeves for greater range of motion and increased comfort.
Standards and tests
Elliotts is proud to invest heavily in product testing and certification by the world’s leading independent third parties.
“We always make sure that we not only test the fabric and fabric assembly, but also the finished garment. Our hoods and garments are tested by ArcWear at the Kinectrics High Current Laboratory in Canada. ”
“Most manufacturers use the test reports provided by the fabric manufacturer to make the garment and call it an arc flash suit. The test gives the wearer confidence that the PPE provides the protection it claims,” said Anthony.
Garments in the ArcSafe® X50 range have been tested to the following standards:
- ASTM F2178-08 Standard Test Method for Determining Arc Ratings and Standard Specifications for Face Protection Products.
- ASTM F2621-19 Standard Practice for Determining Response Characteristics and Design Integrity of Arc-Rated End Products in Electric Arc Exposures.
- IEC 61482-1-2 – Box Test Class 2
- AS4602.1:2011 High Visibility Safety Clothing: Clothing for High Risk Applications
The ArcSafe® X50 Fabric Ensemble has been independently tested by Kinectrics for:
- ASTM F1506 Standard for Flame Retardant Fabrics – ASTM F1506
- IEC 61482-1 Method A – Fabric
ArcSafe® X50 performance results
- Arc Rating: ATPV – 52cal/cm. PPE4 (HRC4)
- IEC 61482-1-2 Box Test – Class 2
- AS4602.1:2011 – Class D or D/N
So what’s next for Elliott?
We are continuing to design and develop new arc flash PPE and are about to begin testing a new ultralight arc flash suit. More information to follow soon!