Protect yourself while working outdoors in the summer
Summer is almost here! While many of us look forward to vacations, trips to the beach, and a cold beer after work, it’s also a time when we need to take extra precautions to protect ourselves from the heat.
People who work outdoors should be well hydrated, take extra precautions to protect against harmful UV rays, and know when to take a break.
Here are some safety tips to keep you safe during the summer.
- Please dress appropriately – This includes hats and UV protective glasses. Choose light-colored fabrics that are breathable yet meet PPE safety guidelines. Note the special UV fabric that blocks the sun and keeps you cool.
- hydration – Drink water every 15 minutes and avoid sugary drinks that accelerate the dehydration process.
- Apply and reapply sunscreen – There is nothing worse than the pain of a sunburn, so take proactive measures to protect yourself from short-term pain and long-term pain from sun cancer.
- give the body a chance to recover – This means taking regular breaks in a cool place out of the sun.
- Know the signs of heatstroke – If you feel dizzy, weak, or nauseous, stop and find a cool, shaded area to stay hydrated. If it persists, be sure to see a doctor.
- watch out bro – Raise your voice and encourage them to stay safe in the heat.
Follow these simple, easy-to-follow tips to ensure protection from the summer heat.
At Elliotts, we aim to take care of you while you work and get you home safely by providing a wide range of quality safety equipment and personal protective equipment. We offer a variety of protective clothing and gear, including hats and hat brims, sunglasses, and cooling clothing, to protect you from the harmful effects of UV rays when working outdoors in the sun.
Connect with us: